Frequently Asked Questions
I cannot see any data in the reports
If you are not receiving SMDR you will not have any data in your reports catalogue or any extensions showing under the call recordings section.
1. Ensure under the help/product information - license information, the IP Address of the phone system is correct.
2. Restart the Tollring IP Capture service and wait a minute to see if there is data in the reports.
3. To check if you are receiving data from the phone system you can do the following:
4. If you are not receiving data from the phone system then check the phone system settings. Ensure that the server PCs IP Address is added into the phone systems ‘Management IP White List.’
The client PC is stating 'unable to connect to database' when clicking on the software
Ensure the client PC has the same software version as the server PC. You can check the version of the software by going into the tollring folder; right clicking the callmanagement.exe - properties - details tab.
1. On the client PC and server PC, ensure password protection is turned off. This can be turned off by going into the Network and Sharing Centre, change advanced sharing settings.
2. On the client PC, open the tollring.ini configuration file which is located on the C drive, Tollring folder. Ensure all paths lead to the Servers Tollring folder. The Servers IP Address should be correct. For example, \\192.168.2.30\Tollring\.
3. On the client PC, copy this path into the windows explorer or start menu and try to run it. No authentication should be needed and the Tollring folder on the server should be accessible.
4. If the firewall is switched on either client or the Server machine you would need to switch the firewall off or add SQL port exceptions. Every Tollring Server installation has a dynamic SQL port specific to the site. This port will need to be added on the inbound/outbound rules on the servers and clients firewall. To find the dynamic TollringSQL port you need to use the following steps: Open SQL Configuration Manager > click on SQL server network configuration > double click on Protocol for TollringSQL > right click on the TCP/IP and select properties > on the IP addresses TAB scroll down to TCP dynamic port.
No call recordings are showing in the software
1. Check if the call recording unit is connected correctly. See page 4 for connecting call recording units.
2. Go to services and restart the following services if the connections on the call recording unit are correct:
I’m receiving an error stating that I do not have permission to listen to call recordings
Extensions need to be assigned to all login roles created in the software which will allow that login role to listen to calls on the extensions they are assigned to. To assign extensions to login roles go into the configuration section of the software – logins folder – assign extensions to login roles. Use the arrows provided to move extensions to the assigned section in order to listen to calls on these extensions. This will need to be done each time a new login role is created.
How do I create custom widgets?
Once you have opened and filtered a report to show what you would like, click ‘create widget’ which is located on the top right corner of the software. You can choose which fields you would like to show in the widget. Once satisfied, click ‘create new widget.’ The widget will be saved under the Dashboard, Custom Widgets folder.
How do I add reports to favourites?
Open the report and filter it the way you would like. Once complete, click on ‘add to my reports’ which is at the top right corner of the software. This will save the custom report into ‘My Reports.’
How do I change the IP Address of the phone system?
Go into the help/product information and click on license information. At the bottom you can change the IP Address of the phone system under the ‘PBX IP Address’ section.
What does the % answered column mean in the DDI Reports?
This column is calculated by total calls that were answered in target over total answered. Overall Activity by DDI, Overall Activity by Campaign, and all reports in the Detailed Call Activity folder except list calls by date report have this column.
What does GOS % column mean in the DDI Reports?
The GOS (Grade of Service) % is calculated by total calls answered in target over total calls offered. Overall Activity by DDI and Overall Activity by Campaign report have this column.
What does % missed column mean in the DDI Reports?
This column is calculated by total missed calls over total offered. Overall Activity by DDI and Overall Activity by Campaign report have this column.
I cannot add extensions in the configuration
In version 6 extensions are automatically added into the configuration section when a call is made to or from the extension.
How do I use the call recording web?
Type the IP Address of the server that has the call management software installed into the URL. Example: https://192.168.10.2:8181
Total number of client licenses exceeded error appears when opening the software error occurring
By default you only have 1 client license which means you can only open the software on one PC at a single time. You can purchase more client licenses if you need the software on several PCs.